Thursday, October 24, 2013

When You're Old...

The Christmas Musical is coming up and I've been asked the rehearse the group. We show up early. Run the tunes. Run them again then go home.  Easy peasy japanesey but the best part about the evenings (for me) are the conversations that happen 15 minutes before and after the rehearsals.

Lately I've been hanging out with our lead trumpet players Paul and Bob. These wise "old" guys have proven to be quite and inspiration for me.  They regale me with stories of life in the old days, before face-tubing and skype-tweeting. Well, this evening I mentioned how (as I'm getting older) time has become more valuable to me than wealth.

"You're right", Paul said, "When you're young. You sacrifice health for wealth and When you're old. You sacrifice wealth for health".

The older we get, the more we wish we would have spent time doing the things we loved in stead of worrying about wealth, building a legacy and social status.

Are you preoccupied with wealth? finances? your job? your grades? if so, then stop. The Bible challenges you in Matthew 6:26 to look around. God takes care of the birds. Aren't you more important to Him than they are?

If you're holding on to worry. Let it go. Give yourself break. Relax and give God more control in your life.

If God is your Co pilot - then you're in the wrong seat!

Thanks for reading,

Rick

BTW eat Tostitos Multigrain Scoops are the best chips in the world. I've just eaten an entire bag! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment