Friday, October 18, 2013

What's the Point?

I get up everyday. Grab my cell phone to check my Facebook page, make a pot of coffee. Crack open the laptop and get to work.  Some days I'll even get 50 push-ups in but most days it's a downhill ride from my pillow to my office.

I've become a wealth-building drone.

Has my existence on this planet been boiled down to one thing. Paying the bills? Is that all I'm good for now-a-days?

There's gotta be a bigger purpose for my existence.  Jeremiah 29:11 says that God has a plan for my life. A plan to lift me up and give me strength.  It suggest that God has a bigger purpose for my life than I do.

If I died today. Would they say "Wow. That guy really paid the rent"?

I need to make an effort to bring more purpose to my daily routine.  What's the point - if there's no purpose?

When I get up. I need to check in with God before checking in with Facebook. I'm still gonna make my pot of coffee (so Shut-up) but I need to crack open my Bible before cracking open my laptop.

Easier said than done, right?

We find time to do the other things. Perhaps one day we'll find time to do the right things?

Have you become a rent-paying drone as well?

What simple change can you do to bring more purpose to your life (specifically before you leave the house)

Thanks for reading,

Rick  


No comments:

Post a Comment