Sunday, October 20, 2013

The devil's voice sounds a lot like...Yours?

I was listening to Jon Shabaglian sing this morning and boy was I amazed. His voice was like waves of light, and love crashing against the darkness of my soul. Anger and frustration being replaced by love and peace. My healthy concern for public opinion being undermined by my weak arms and buckling legs. My efforts to remain professional being converted into cool crisp tears streaming from my cold dark eyes. Who cries while wearing a sweater-vest. I guess, I do.

As I was enjoying this amazing moment, a voice in the back of my head began to grow. A familiar voice with an unfamiliar message. Distracting messages of discouragement and insecurity. And then it dawned on me...

The devil is full of tricks. his ability to confuse your voice with his words are just some of the ways he keeps you from fully experiencing Gods grace. Don't fall for it! Yes, we are all unworthy of Gods grace but He gives it to us anyway. Because God is love!  We must not forget that the devils lot in life. His only job is to keep you from fully experiencing Gods grace. God is the King of all things good and the devil is the jester of all things evil.

As an "inner-antagonist" the devil will try to convince you that God finds you unworthy, insignificant, unqualified, unloved and lacking purpose. It's a lie. God loves you just the way you are and it's because of your shortcomings that you will spend an eternity in His kingdom. God doesn't want perfect people. He wants pure hearts. The devil wants nothing more than to take your place in Gods kingdom.  Refuse the swap!

The Bible says in James 4: 7-8 to "Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" What does this mean?

It means, the devil is a patient liar. When he fills your head with negative things, that's your sign to run directly to God for help. Stay strong my people and spread the word.

This was a complicated message with lots of revisions. I hope you understood it.


Thank you for reading,

Rick









No comments:

Post a Comment