Thursday, October 17, 2013

Balance. Your Will v His

People who say "I'm just going to let God handle that situation" or "I'll pray for that" often experience the same frustration as those who try to handle the situation by themselves (without Gods help). I believe both scenarios produce the same frustrating outcomes.

Rule #1. You can't do anything (good) in this world without Gods help.
Rule #2. God can't do much without yours.

The Bible says in James 2:14 that Faith without works is dead.What does this mean?

Having faith that God will heal your situation is only part of the equation. God has used people all throughout history to heal situations. People like you and me. You can't accomplish the sum if you take either part out of the equation. God + You = Perfect.

Those of you who know me know that I am a very ambitious (and quite handsome) person; however, ambition has it's price. Being overly ambitious can often times separate us from God vision of who He wants us to be. When I remove God from my decisions I do so because I feel it would expedite the decision making process and hopefully lead to outcomes I can control better. I can tell you; however, when I remove God from the equation. The outcome is never as good as I would have hoped it to be.  The only good things that have ever happened in my life were those where God and I worked together in unison and harmony.

Which end of the spectrum do you find yourself falling in? One where you remove yourself from the situation or the one where you remove God from the situation?

How is that working for you?

Thanks for reading,

Rick


No comments:

Post a Comment